"The Six"

"The Six"

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

...Stunned by the sheer poundage...

So, Costco...Today I ran in to Costco to restock the fridge. I literally could not even push the darn cart by the time I was done. It is positively amazing how much food is consumed within these walls. A sampling of the stuff I bought today:
6 pounds of pears
3 pounds of bananas
5 pounds of pea pods
5 pounds of carrots
6 heads of lettuce
6 pounds of apples
5 pounds of onions - okay, not normal, but still.
3 pounds of broccoli
10 pounds of chicken
5 pounds of cheese
10 pounds of t.p. - okay, I don't know how much it weighs, but it counts.

I cannot even believe how heavy my cart was. I threw on a couple bags of salt, a bucket of food storage, and a pot for my tree and the ladies at the checkout were shaking their heads wondering how I stuffed it all in to only one cart - with a child to boot! Poor E was dying for a slice of pizza - but I just could not maneuver the thing through the maze of the food court! Richard will wonder what we will do with it all, and by next Wednesday, we will all be searching for a snack!

Blog cheese moment: I am really grateful I can buy this huge pile of food to feed my kids!

1 comment:

  1. I just did the same thing today. Only I think your cart was healthier than mine. Love the salt and pepper pistachios. And I triple agree with you on everything you said about D. She is seriously a special person. I knew it from day 1.

    ReplyDelete