"The Six"

"The Six"

Sunday, February 7, 2010

...12 amazing years


I keep asking myself where the time has gone? How is it that she got to be this tall? How did she get to be so beautiful? Where does all of her goodness come from?
Delaney just turned twelve! She is almost a teenager. I am turning in to the mom of a teenager. She has Jr High registration in less than a month. Today was her First activity with the Young Women! Wow!
We had a marathon birthday party - SIX HOURS - on Saturday. It began with a movie...the new Percy Jackson. I was sitting at the end of a row of chatty girls and every time some "event" happened in the movie, there was a whole lot of chittering down the row. It was absolutely hysterical. When the movie ended they all went nuts critiquing the whole thing and how it was nothing like the book and just being so darn dramatic! I was just smiling, laughing my head off on the inside.
We all came back and had a pizza/cake/hanging out until I finally took them home so I could go get some stuff done at 9:00 P.M.

The stuff we love about Delaney:

She is a fantastic sister! I cannot think of a time she is not willing to play/read/share/be a
friend. They look up to her so much.
She is the most helpful daughter in the world. I just couldn't live without her!
She is absolutely gorgeous. I just know I am in trouble. See next:
She is "allergic" to boys. (Thank Heavens!)
She finishes far too many sentences with the word - "so...yeah".
She is very patient with my mothering - admittedly, I am such a geeky mom.
She loves food - just like me. She is totally willing to try anything new. I love that!
She is a shopper. She tortures me often, but it is really not that bad when I have her company.
Plus: She is great at finding super deals when she is spending her own money - and loves everything else when I am buying.
She is so determined. She has worked on her splits to get them perfect and is so proud of
herself!
She is obsessed with purple!
She is so crazy smart we don't know what to do with her. But she is too modest to admit it.
She tries to make everyone feel good about themselves with little compliments all the time. She
always notices any little difference in her sisters and they just beam.
She has an incredibly strong spirit and giving heart. She is such a great example of a follower of Christ. We love her insights and love of the gospel.

I am so proud of her. She is so full of goodness and purity and beauty I am constantly amazed.
Happy Birthday Delaney! We love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday delaney. I cant believe that you are 12. That is crazy to me. April and rich you two have done a great job at raising such a great girl. Happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! Happy Birthday Delaney!!! April, we are in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Delaney!! April, you really do have a beautiful daughter and I think that she gets it from having such a wonderful mother!!

    ReplyDelete