"The Six"

"The Six"

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

...Awesome Monday nights.


For the past several months, Ethan and I have had a standing date on Monday nights. As soon as Family Night is over, we ditch everyone and head for the tv, for Monday Night Football. Sometimes there is a favorite team to cheer for, but more times, it is just awesome to watch, so Ethan can yell TOUCHDOWN! and throw his arms up in the air like the ref. We had a great time! The best part was after about an hour of this, Ethan would tire out, and squirm down to lay on my lap, and eventually fall asleep right there in front of the tv. I love it when I get to snuggle them while they sleep. Ultimately, I would take him to his nice bed, but I enjoyed it while I could. Tuesday mornings always started with - "Did my orange guys win?" (or blue/white/red) How they hold on to these things in their sleep is a mystery.

We extended the season a bit, by watching the last playoff game last Monday with popcorn, which makes anything in Ethan's life a party. But alas, it is time to say goodbye to football. Monday night he was pretty devastated that we could not have our date. It made me happy that we've had the time together. Go Saints!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh!!!! That is so cute. You are such an awesome mom April. Tessa had to write about her favorite relative in school and guess who she picked.... Ethan. How cute is that? I will have to photocopy what she wrote it is sooo adorable. He is like a rockstar at our house. They all think he is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete