"The Six"

"The Six"

Saturday, February 27, 2010

...The same old lessons.

We spent an evening straight out of our new favorite show "Modern Family" tonight. There was some disgusting behavior that had taken place and I said, "OH GROSS! Who did this?" All of the girls insisted it was not them. Naturally, Richard had to take it to the next level and made them all sit in the bathroom until one would fess up. So...Rich and I ended up eating dinner all alone with Ethan. They sat in the bathroom arguing up a storm about who was the guilty party. We ate our delicious sandwiches and laughed our heads off. The did the whole - Sabrina, just say it was you...plan. Of course, that didn't stick. The best part about this whole thing is they weren't even in trouble - it was no big deal - and yet, they all went nuts. Kids.
It reminded me of the time when my siblings and I were all dead meat for eating the boy scout fund raiser chocolate covered almonds that were stored in our home. We sat forever until we finally talked poor Shan to take one for the team. I feel really guilty about that still. I guess that is why I still have it in my Alzheimer's brain. When I have brought it up, in our old age, everyone else - except maybe Shan - had enjoyed those nasty old waxy nuts. Perhaps now that I have blogged about it, I can fill that little spot in my brain with something actually useful...like my phone number+area code.

No comments:

Post a Comment