"The Six"

"The Six"

Friday, March 19, 2010

...One not-so-soon-to-be Eagle Scout...


We were chatting at dinner about a friend of Richard's that had 15 guys in his scout group having their "Court of Honor" tomorrow. We were talking with some of the kids that were over about their brothers and discussing how I guess I will soon need to figure out all of this stuff that is SO foreign to me.
Naturally, we all start asking our main man, Ethan, if he is going to be an Eagle Scout. He assures us that he will and starts his ramblings and telling us how he is going to start now. I jokingly said - Hey, you should get going right away, I mean, you have quite a bit of time on your hands right now. He was completely in agreement and pulled his chair back from the table ready to head off to work...
I laughed and told him that he should learn to knit. He could knit scarves and mittens for the homeless. He looked at me and said, "Mom, that is a hard thing. Just cutting off tags is NOT a hard thing."
Blog Cheese: I am constantly amazed at how these guys are SO SMART and pick up on the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment