"The Six"

"The Six"

Monday, May 3, 2010

...hours of dancing...





Our girls all had their dance recital this weekend. Poor D had dance every day last week. Between the hours of rehearsals for the two shows and then finally the two shows, at least one of us is ready for the summer break. (Poor me, 10 hour marathon competition next week!)
All three of the girls did an amazing job. They all looked absolutely gorgeous! Emma's hair was insanely beautiful, Sabrina looked stunning and so grown up, and Delaney never ceases to amaze me with her calm under pressure. All three of them just hang out, line up, head on stage, perform, go back to hanging out. They don't even seem at all concerned about performing and everyone watching them. Of course, I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off whipping out lipstick, spray gel, mascara, bobby pins, safety pins, snacks, scissors to clip strings, various shoes and hair accessories and arm thingys and crazy leg things that never, ever, ever stay up on Emma's skinny legs.

Delaney was such the dramatic pre teen - her and all her buddies stressing over the fact that there were only TWO NUMBERS for them to get changed! And so and so's tights got ripped in half and this girl's rhinestone belt flipped off, etc. When I got back to the high school with Sabrina and Emma, they were running up to me all up in arms about the fact that they scheduled their dances so close - and all the rest. (Are we understanding the humor here? I suppose I am not doing it justice, but I want to remember.)
All in all, it was a huge success. Their songs were fun. The costumes were fun. Backstage was fun! I will say, due to the time crunch of the two shows, not many photos were taken. Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment