"The Six"

"The Six"

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just visiting for now....


We started out in crazy thick fog...driving on the wrong side of the road.  (I found a better photo, but I am too dingy to get it to switch.)  Admittedly, it was a more than a little stressful.  Slip roads and round-a-bouts where you drive the wrong direction!  But nobody died.




Tasman Sea.  This was the part where Rich really started regretting letting me talk him OUT of bringing the nice camera.




Rich really wanted to be with this totally crazy dude.  It's foggy because its cold...and he was getting very wet.




Oh, did I mention I loved this spot?  It was my first black sand beach. It did not disappoint.




The GPS was messing with us, but we enjoyed the detour.


We had a free day, so we started driving up along the coast towards the top of the island.  I loved this spot too!  I cannot wait to be there in the summer!  It was a bit breezy and only in the mid 50s.  Not my kind of swimming weather.



We did not pile these up.  Huge stretches of beach lined with shells.  It was insanely beautiful.




This was up by Bay of Islands.

It has already been an amazing adventure.  The food was delicious.  The city was gorgeous and very intimidating.  The traffic was nuts.  The people were super helpful.  The groceries were expensive.  The landscape was so varied and beautiful and we only saw a TINY piece.  We can't wait for next time to see more! and then more after that!!





No comments:

Post a Comment